Sunday

shock

I went to this party for something to do
and I went right home once I saw you
to the street, to the train-cause I tripped on a shoe
and besides, I can't even look at you.

Because your mouth is a ship's prow

or maybe a snowplow
fearless
surrounded by Antarctic ice flow
reckless
on a mountain road- slick, dark and narrow.
Breaking the ice

(feel it under, around us?)
But breaking the ice is dangerous,
breaking the ice really is dangerous.

I am a
railroad spike,
rusty tumbleweed cabbage.

lumpy gravy. mannish. crude.
I could work in the oilfields and they'd never hire you.

I went to this party for something to do
and I went right home once I saw you
To the street. To the C train!
Because after looking at you

the ice it melted and I fell right through.

Yeah, I went to that party for something to do but

(Shut up Ugly Dress! Fat Ugly Mess!)
you know...... I can't even look at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment